Saturday, 19 October 2013

Isla's 100 Word Challenge....Slowly the sky got darker....

I was at school peacefully learning when.....slowly the sky got darker.  Not long after furious rumbles echoed all over Christchurch when....."Bang, rumble."
"Earthquake, earthquake!" my teacher yelled.
I dove under the nearest desk table. Now, I was scared.  It felt like a giant had just shaken the classroom angrily.  After the disastrous event some girls were crying but I wasn't.
Teachers were frantically picking up rolls and yelling over the loud bell going "brriiiiiing", continuously.  Students were lining up and comforting friends, it was chaos!!
'It was strange how the sky got darker' I thought, 'almost like a warning'
By Isla

2 comments:

  1. Hi There Isla,
    Have you had first hand experience of an earthquake? This writing made me think that you had - it is really powerful. I love the description 'it felt like a giant had shaken the classroom'. I also think that the way you ended was very mature indeed. A simple reflection on a terrible event.
    Well done,
    Mrs Radd (team100WC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isla,
    Your writing is very realistic. You created vivid images and evoked strong emotions with descriptive language like furious rumbles and comforting friends. It certainly made me think of that terrible earthquake not too long ago and I can imagine the chaos. Way to go! Happy writing!
    Ms W (Team 100)

    ReplyDelete